Residency Requirements


Parents/guardians must verify residency in order for their child to attend Palos 118 schools. The following is a guide for information that will verify residency:

Residency Information

1. Category of Residency (Must select one category, and provide listed documents.)

  • Homeowner(s): Must provide current mortgage statement (or signed and dated mortgage papers, and/or closing documents such as HUD-1 (RESPA) if new ownership or if the property is not mortgaged.
  • Renter(s) with lease: Signed and dated Lease and proof of last month’s payment.
  • Renter(s) without lease: signed and dated letter of residence from landlord in lieu of Lease and proof of last month’s payment (Palos 118 form 760:E1).
  • Living with a District Resident: Signed and dated by individual responsible for the residence. Proof of occupancy from owner and Parent/Guardian. (Palos 118 – Form 760:E2).
  • Other: Situations other than above must be reviewed by the building principal.

2. Proof of Occupancy (Must provide three items.) Parent/guardian must provide three of the items from the list below which must include the parent/guardian’s name and address of residence:

  • Driver’s License or State ID (required)
  • Cable Bill
  • Gas Bill
  • Water Bill
  • Home (Landline) Phone Bill Form
  • Cell Phone Bill
  • Credit Card Bill
  • Electric Bill verification.
  • Vehicle Registration Card
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Current Public Aid Card Verification Letter
  • Homeowners/Rental Insurance Policy
  • Current Tax Receipt
  • Closing Document
  • Mortgage Payment
  • Automobile Insurance

New Resident Suggestions:
Updated Driver’s License or State ID
US Mail Change of Address
Cable Service Installation
Bank Change of Address
Moving Company Receipt
Employer Change of Address