Registering a New Student
for the 2018-2019 School Year

Dear Parents/Guardians:

Welcome to Palos School District 118! Skyward, the platform we currently use for our Student Information System, is user-friendly and allows us to store and manage student information efficiently and securely.

New to District 118

Step 1

Request a login account using a valid email address. If you don’t already have an email address, you may obtain a free email account through a service such as Hotmail, Yahoo, or Google. Your login and password will be sent to this email address. Use the link in the email or on the screen to begin the process.

Step 2

Complete application

Step 3

Parents can visit your child's school anytime. Bring the registration documents (see below) at that time.

Registration Documents

Medical Documents

Registration Requirements


  • CHILD’S AGE: Your child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2018 in order to register.
  • PARENT REGISTERING NEEDS PHOTO ID: Driver’s license or state ID with current address REQUIRED
  • ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Certificate of live birth.
  • PROOF OF RESIDENCY: In addition to photo ID, registering parent must provide original documents which include parent/guardian’s mortgage payment or closing documents or lease with current payment. Two other forms of proof as listed below in FAQ.
  • CONTACT AND STUDENT BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Registering parent/guardian must provide contact information (e.g., phone numbers home, cell, work) for both natural parents. In addition, any information on special needs for the child (e.g., special health concerns such as allergies). See reverse for more information about specific examples.
  • To expedite the registration process, last names A-L please come between 9:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m, last names M-Z come between 12:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.

Contact the school office if you are unable to register your child at this time or for further information.

Palos West: 12700 South 104th Ave., Palos Park, IL 60464 Phone: 708-448-6888 Fax: 708-923-7064
Palos East: 7700 W. 127th St., Palos Heights, IL 60463 Phone: 708-448-1084 Fax: 708-923-7077
Palos South: 13100 South 82nd Ave., Palos Park, IL 60464 Phone: 708-448-5971 Fax: 708-448-0754

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can a grandparent or other non-custodial person register a child for school?

No, only a custodial parent or legal guardian may register a child for school. If the week of February 1st is inconvenient for you, we will be happy to schedule an alternate time to register your child.

Q: What do I need to prove residency?

Proof of occupancy: Parent/guardian must provide a photo ID with current address, mortgage or closing documents with current payment, and two other items from the list below which must include the parent/guardian’s name and address of residence:

  • Driver’s license or state ID with current address
  • Mortgage payment or closing documents or lease with current payment
  • Cable bill
  • Utility bills: gas, water, electric
  • Garbage collection bill
  • Phone bill: cell or home
  • Credit card bill
  • Vehicle registration card
  • Voter registration card
  • Current public aid card
  • Homeowners/rental/auto insurance policy
  • Current tax receipt

New Resident Suggestions
  • Updated driver’s license or state ID with current address
  • Mortgage payment or closing documents or lease with current payment
  • US mail change of address form
  • Cable service installation
  • Bank change of address verification
  • Moving company receipt
  • Employer change of address verification letter

Q: My family is renting our home within the Palos 118 attendance boundaries. What do I bring to show proof of residency?

You will need to bring in the signed and dated lease and proof of last month’s payment. You will still need to provide three (3) additional pieces of identification to show proof of residency (utility bills, voter registration card, vehicle registration card, etc.) with your name and address.

Q: My child and I are living with another district resident. What documentation is required to show proof of residency?

When a parent and student are living with another district resident, the resident must complete Form 760 E2. The parent and district resident must still provide proof of residency as identified above.

Q: When do I need to have my child’s health information returned to school?

We require physical/immunization records for all incoming students BEFORE the first day of school. No child will be admitted on the first day of school without current, complete health records, and a certified birth certificate.