Palos School District 118 Remote Learning
Need a Device?
District 118 has a limited number of devices we will be lending out to Palos East and West families in need during these unprecedented times.
Please only complete this form if you absolutely require a loaned device from the district for your student to continue with E-Learning.
Remote Learning Schedule for the Week of May 25, 2020 to May 29, 2020
|June 1, 2020||Records Day|
|June 2, 2020||Report Cards Posted in Skyward: Portfolio Tab|
|June 3, 2020||No School|
|June 4, 2020||No School|
|June 5, 2020||No School|
During the state declared Remote Learning Days, District 118 will continue to provide learning opportunities to students. Teachers will use technology tools to communicate directly with students, collect assignments, and provide feedback on completed work. While it is our commitment to provide meaningful educational activities for students, it is up to parents to determine what is best for their children regarding completion of assignments and level of engagement. It is recommended that your children complete educational activities each school day to help minimize disruption to each child's academic progress caused by emergency school closures and to make these days as educationally productive and engaging as possible.
The website has been updated to reflect the District's Remote Learning Plan. Palos South teachers will continue to communicate with students through the Schoology Platform. Please know that if any frustration or technical difficulty is experienced, students should move on to the next activity.
Teachers will continue to be available via email at the times below to help answer any questions. Please know that families should not expect an immediate response but that all questions will be responded to in the order that they are received. More information on remote learning is below in the FAQs.
Palos East and West: 8:55 a.m. to 1:55 p.m.
Palos South: 8:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- How are Remote Learning Days different that the previous E Learning Days?
- How will my child receive assignments during Remote Learning Days?
- How will my child submit assignments to the teacher and receive feedback?
- How much time should my child be spending daily on Remote Learning Days?
- Will my child be receiving grades during Remote Learning?
- If my child has a question about an assignment, what do we do?
- Will teachers be live streaming with students?
- Will attendance be taken during Remote Learning Days?
- Do I need to report my child absent if he or she is unable to participate on a Remote Learning Day?
- If students have special needs or modified curriculum, what supports will be in place during Remote Learning?
- How can parents who do not speak English help their child? What supports are we going to provide for parents?
- If my child needs technology support on a Remote Learning Day, what can we do?