Palos School District 118 E Learning
Need a Device?
District 118 has a limited number of devices we will be lending out to Palos East and West families in need during these unprecedented times.
Please only complete this form if you absolutely require a loaned device from the district for your student to continue with E-Learning.
During these unexpected school closures, District 118 is offering extended learning opportunities via E Learning for students and families while children are at home. It is recommended that your children complete educational activities each school day to help minimize disruption to each child's academic progress caused by emergency school closures and to make these days as educationally productive and engaging as possible.
Students in grades Pre-K to 5, should start with "Day 1" activities and students in grades 6-8 will receive lessons via their Schoology platform. Please know that if any frustration or technical difficulty is experienced, students should move on to another activity.
Teachers will be available via email at the times below to help answer any questions. Please know that families should not expect an immediate response but questions will be responded to in the order that they are received. More information is below in the FAQs.
Palos East and West: 8:55 a.m. to 1:55 p.m.
Palos South: 8:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- How will families be notified of an E Learning Day has been announced?
- How does my child (or I) find out about the assignments or activities for the E Learning Day?
- How much time does my child need to spend in order to get credit for the E Learning Day?
- What subject areas will be addressed during an E Learning Day?
- What if there is no internet access at home on the E Learning Day?
- Will grades on E Learning assignments be marked as for completion only or will assignment be checked for accuracy and graded?
- How is attendance recorded?
- If my child has a question about an assignment, what do we do?
- If students have special needs or modified curriculum, how can E Learning address that situation?
- If my child needs tech support on the E Learning Day, what can we do?
- What if I don’t have my child’s textbook?
- How can parents who do not speak English help their child? What supports are we going to provide for parents?
- Will this day be added onto the end of the school year too?
- What if I have more than 1 student at home, only one device?