Skip To Main Content

Section 504

Accommodations for Handicapped Children

Students may be eligible for protection under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 if they have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, have a record of such impairment, or are regarded as having such impairment. Under Section 504, the handicapped child should receive an education that is comparable to the education provided to children who are not handicapped. To make education comparable, Section 504 plans often include classroom accommodations.

For questions regarding Section 504 eligibility, please contact Student Services Department at (708) 761-5806.